Monday, April 19, 2010

Composters - Home Made or Store Bought

I have not personally made a compost pile. For one I live in the city and the space I do have is not far from neighbors or my own house. Secondly, I'm new to gardening organically. I have done a lot of research on square foot gardening, composting and organic pest control. I'm excited to get started this spring, but seem to still question how I can compost without it smelling or getting in the way.
I found this inexpensive one at Target but it had mixed reviews. For the price it seems I could chance it and see if it works for our small garden. It seems I could make a compost holder for cheaper but would it be as efficient? Does anyone have advice for me?

E-Composter

3 comments:

  1. i bought an enclosed tumbler style composter made from a used pickle barrel off of ebay called all American compost tumbler it has blown all expectations as far as very little smell and easy to use i live in Portland Oregon and none of my neighbors knew i had a compost in by back yard

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for that idea. How large is it? Does if suit a family or individual?

    ReplyDelete
  3. it does will for my family of five thinking about purchasing second one to make even more compost .
    hope this helps i found their website americancomposttumbler.com

    ReplyDelete