Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Does the H2O mop really work?



The H2O mop could be the green families’ dreams come true. No need for chemicals to clean their floors, and a water saver to boot. But does it work? I went out and bought another brand steam mop and the H2O mop. Both claim to have hot steam action that can clean and sanitize your floor without any chemicals.

My first run with the other brand steam mop had me wishing I hadn't bought it. Sure it steamed, but just barley. In fact I never saw any steam, only heard what sounded like it. Second, I was less than impressed with its cleaning ability. I scrubbed and scrubbed back and forth only for the spot to stay there. After a few minutes I noticed my floor was getting very wet so I changed the pad. It was warm to the touch and the pad was dirty but it was also sopping wet. The steam mop could not get into corners or around things very easily. After giving it my all I was so disappointed that I boxed it up and took it back to the store.

While shopping at a different store, I found the H2O mop. I have watched many infomercials on this mop and like most of the products I have succumbed to off TV, I was sure it wouldn't work. Since I tend to be lazy and not send products back I wasn't even going to give this mop my attention. Well, until I saw it at the store and realized if it didn't work I could take it back.

I immediately saw the difference. It began to steam quickly. I used one tank of water to clean my 3 bathrooms and my kitchen floor. The swivel head went around corners and right up to the edge of the baseboards. It did an amazing job and when I was finished the pad was HOT. To me, this means my floor really did get sanitized with steam, not just a warm mop. I used one pad for the whole job, threw it in the wash and it is as good as new.

For an environmental clean, this mop is the way to go. I feel good about not using any chemicals on my floor where my pets and children walk. It's economical, does not waste water and really did get the floors clean. I give the H2O mop a green thumbs up.

8 comments:

  1. Wow, I have to get this mop. Thanks for the great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. With so many mops to choose from its so good to hear from someone who has not only used the H20 mop but is so excited about it and is chemical free! thanks for the info

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did it maintain it's steam throughout the entire cleaning or did you have to "rest" it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carol, It did maintain steam throughout my entire cleaning. It started steaming in less then a minute at most, and held that steaming power throughout my entire cleaning. I would caution letting kids use this, the steam is very hot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How long is the cord for this machine? Do you have to unplug a lot? and if you unplug does it take time to reset? I have a very old steamer (handheld) and everytime I unplug it to move it, it has to reheat.
    I'm looking to get a new one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Edith, It had about a 17 foot cord. It seemed long enough for me to do my kitchen and dinning room. They are average size. I did unplug the cord to take it around to the bathrooms. Once plugged back in, it takes less than 30 seconds to heat again. I didn't feel like I had to wait very long at all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful, thank you for answering so quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love hearing about a product tested in the real world. I'm going to have to look into this mop. With pets and kids, I'm going to give it a real workout.

    ReplyDelete