Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Essential Oils for Cleaning

Lately I've been on a cleaning kick. Well, more like making my own cleaning products and then seeing how well they really work kick. I have to say I'm impressed most of the time.

My favorite cleaner this week is used in the kitchen for grease and those finger prints that get all over everything.
You will need :

32oz spray bottle
2 teaspoons of liquid castile soap (or you can melt down a little fels naphtha)
1/4 cup white vinegar
1/2 cup of lemon juice (dollar store)
4 cups of water
15 drops of CSE (citrus seed extract) found at health food stores
10 drops of essential oil, lime, lemon or orange
2 teaspoons of borax (found in your laundry section)

While at first the cost might seem higher for the first output, after a while you will see how long each of these ingredients lasts. The oils are a little more spendy right away, but will last a very very long time. In my opinion it's worth getting the liquid castile soap too as there are many other uses for it that I am finding and you can save your Fels Naphtha soap for making home made laundry soap, which I also LOVE.

Amazon has a great starter kit of essential oils for around 30.00. It usually comes with the basic oils. Here is my list of essential oils you should start collecting as they are the basis of a good many cleaning products.

Beginner Cleaning Oils
Citronella
Citrus like lime or lemon or orange
Tea Tree
Wintergreen

Not too bad right? I love the final cost of my cleaning products and I know they will not harm me or my family while I'm cleaning. Plus they smell great and are safe of our environment while also being eco savvy..

No comments:

Post a Comment