Friday, February 19, 2010

Toothpaste Cleaner

I used to love a product that had a little abrasive to it but was smooth and gel like. I liked it until it started to irritate my skin. Finding a product that was safe to use, but still gave a good scrubbing to my bathtub and sinks was my mission.

First off I found that baking soda and salt can give me a good abrasive quality while keeping my house safe from toxic fumes and irritants. Mix equal parts of baking soda, salt and water together. For hard to reach stains, and tight spots use a toothbrush to scrub away.

Secondly we found that a good white, cheap, toothpaste did the job for little messes. Cleaning off fingerprints from light switch plates and door jams where you do not want chemical abrasives scrubbing off the paint. Wipe on with a toothbrush or washcloth and wipe off with warm water. It's perfect. On another little note, white toothpaste is perfect for covering up nail holes on a white wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment