Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Green Rug Cleaning - Product Review

We just cleaned our rugs. With a dog, three cats, and three kids, winter can take it's toll on a white carpet. Even though spot cleaning can keep it at bay, a good cleaning once in a while is needed. While I hate using chemicals that can hurt my kids, animals or the environment, there hasn't been a lot of choices until recently in the carpet cleaning area. I did a little research and found a store that sold the Rug Doctors Oxy-Steam Green cleaner. I was hoping it could help my white carpets while providing me with some peace of mind in bringing chemicals into my house.

How did it work? My carpets look great! We did not see any residue in the carpets and did notice any off gassing. Our dog especially seems to leave marks where he lays, and even though hand cleaning did not take it off the carpet, this cleaner did.

I would give this product a 4 on a scale of 1-5 with 5 being best. I would really like it to be labeled better and a list of ingredients on the bottle so I can use this product with even more confidence in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment