Monday, December 21, 2009

Green Way to Clean your Microwave


Cleaning the microwave has to rank right up there with cleaning the oven after the holidays. However I ran across this super easy way to clean your microwave while watching a BBC show called "How clean is your house". I was amazed at what I saw on TV, but would it really work in my house and in my microwave.

First cut several lemons or oranges in half. I used mandarins because that is what was in my fridge.
Fill a microwave dish with cold water and your citrus fruit. If you are using a lemon or orange, just one or two will do. I did several mandarins since they are so small. Next, put the dish in the microwave for 5 minutes on high. When it is done, do a quick wipe of all the big and loose particles. Put the fruit in for another 5 minutes but let it sit in the microwave for 20-30 minutes after it's done. Do not leave it too long or it will dry again.

Remove the citrus fruit from the microwave, using a cloth wipe the interior and door clean of all the debris. You should now have a pretty clean, smelling microwave.

Throw your fruit down the garbage disposal and run for 15 seconds and you will have a lovely smelling disposal too.

No comments:

Post a Comment