Thursday, June 4, 2009

Green Tip for the Day-Recycled Crafts for Kids

When receiving birthday or celebration cards from other people some people keep them , some throw them away and some do not know what to do with them. We like to reuse our cards for the next birthday or celebration. You can cut the cards out in fun shapes to make gift cards..you can scrapbook parts of the card or keep them for arts and crafts projects for the kids.

When I was younger, I taught a Sunday School class and we used to have an older lady bring all her cards in to us. I didn't know what to do with them but one day I realized we could re-gift them. My students started cutting them out into different shapes and pasting them onto cardstock that was also recycled. We made cards and then visited a nursing home and gave them out to the residents. Everyone enjoyed this so much and the lady who brought them to me was especially thrilled that we were able to make someone's day with them.

Do you have never ending gift giving opportunities in your family and circle of friends? We've found a blog that has wonderful crafts for kids! Zakka Life has a fabulous site with many postings on recycled crafts. They have great ideas if you are in need of some summer fun!

1 comment:

  1. I visited the site you mentioned and loved the idea of making recycled crayons. What a great way to use up old, half used crayons. It would be fun to mix up different colors and make rainbow crayons. I will try this with my daughter this weekend.

    ReplyDelete