Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Wave of the Future? I-House

A trip out of town led us by a manufactured housing sales office. As we drove by we were struck by this tiny little house sitting by itself and this funny slanted roofed house. Were they manufactured? Are they storage sheds? We just didn't know.
Since Jeff and I had been discussing tiny houses, we thought maybe they had caught on and the smaller one was a tiny house. Our interested was piqued for sure.

Home a few days later, and sitting in front of my computer I Googled the sales website and found out exactly what it was we saw.  It is called an I-house. Exciting I hear you say? Well, really it is. A little bit of research and I'm pretty impressed.

The I-house is a "green" inspired manufactured home meant to waste little space while adding all the touches of "green" to the house. Bamboo floors, energy saving appliances, lots of windows, solar panels, outdoor living areas, space saving design and even a way to collect rain water to water your plants or reuse in the garden.

Now, if your looking for a green house on a small budget, tiny houses is still the way to go. While this modern home may require more "green dollars" up front, it does look to be a combination of the best of tiny houses and green living.



While just the I-home starts around 75k, a home with the flex space and all the "green" choices can run you up to $150k. Not to bad if your looking to build a new home or already own land. Fully customizable with as many flex spaces as you need or want. There is even rumor of the I-House 2.0. You can check that out at Clayton's Homes. com
It could be the wave of the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment